Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Ship Than Never Stops Sinking

Depression: A Ship That Never Stops Sinking
It started as a cruise
With me were all my friends and family
We smiled, we laughed, we had fun

Slowly things changed
I began not smiling, not laughing, not having fun.

One day I woke up somewhere new
On a boat no bigger than a twin bed
I was stranded helpless and alone.

In the distance I could see my friends and family
Did they even notice I was gone?
They were still smiling, still laughing, still having fun.

I want to get back to them but I have no will
I start to question why me?
Why am I stuck here?
How is it fair that I suffer?

As thoughts fill my head my feet start getting wet-
My boat was sinking.

I start using my hands to scoop out the water
If I stop, it will all be over
I’m tired
Every second is a struggle.

Sure the water stops while I sleep
But that’s only for a couple hours a night
While I’m awake, the water never stops.

Some days it’s only little drops
And I can feel myself drifting back to the others
But other days I’m in the middle of a hurricane
With nothing in sight but darkness

I think about stopping,
About ending all my pain
But then I see my friend and family
All smiling, all laughing, all having fun


So I continue scooping out water
Hoping one day I’ll be able to
Smile, to laugh, to have fun
But until then, I’ll remain on my sinking ship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment